8 Most Popular Bat & Bar Mitzvah Party Theme & Color Ideas
Industry experts share the most popular bat & bar mitzvah themes and styles for 2013.
From the 2013 Mitzvah & Party Trends Report – Download your Free Copy Today!
1. Club & Lounge Theme
For boys as well as girls, the lounge look is in style. Teens are loving the fun, alternative seating as opposed to traditional tables. – Melisa Imberman, The Event of a Lifetime
Sophisticated and unexpected elements are being used in the décor, like standing or hanging lamps, and elements that bring in a private club effect. – Maya Kalman, Swank Productions
2.Name Theme & Logo
Photo: Casey Fatchett Photography
Many teens are incorporating their names into the theme, such as “Sweet Caroline” “Jilly Beans” “Liv it Up” or “Saturday Nat Live.” – Daniela Grafman, Vision Entertainment Group
Families are also using the child’s initials, or a custom motif, to create a mitzvah logo, which is used throughout the event from the invitations and centerpieces to the cake and party favors.
3. Popular Themes for Girls
Besides the ever-popular dance club-lounge, top themes are:
- Candy, which can take on many different forms from Dylan’s Candy Bar to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or Mad Hatter. Also trending are themes inspired by a favorite TV show or pop-culture Icon. – Maya Kalman, Swank Productions
- New York, including Broadway Musicals, NY Attractions, and Fifth Avenue Shopping. – Laura Long, Jazzflower
- Other common themes for girls are Fashion & Shopping, Sports, Movies, and Travel. – Mark Zettler, Life O’ The Party
- The Sports theme is always a favorite regardless of any other trends. Boys are choosing the theme of sports in general, or focusing on a sport, team or city. – Mark Zettler, Life O’ The Party
- Other top themes include: Action and Super Heroes
- Hobbies or interests such as Technology or Music
- Movies are on the rise with favorites like Harry Potter and Twilight topping the list. – Maya Kalman, Swank Productions
Focusing on a particular color or group of colors is becoming a theme in itself.
5. 2013 Color of the Year
According to the color experts at Pantone, the Color of the Year for 2013 is Emerald Green. The color is elegant and lively, and radiates a sense of balance and harmony.
6. Color Trends
Pantone’s Fall 2013 Color Report is dominated by cooler colors like Mykonos Blue and Acai. Bold, bright colors like Vivacious and Samba are also popular.
7. Prints & Patterns
Photo: Lasting Memories Photography
Playful patterns like chevron, zebra, bold geometric prints and Moroccan patterns are showing up in everything from invitations to linens to GoBos!
8. Bedazzle with Bling
Photo & Event by Swank Productions
Sparkle and shine is in. Crystals, sequins and glitter will be hot for years to come.
This is an excerpt from the 2013 Bat & Bar Mitzvah & Party Trends Report.
Download Your FREE Copy of the 2013 MITZVAH & PARTY TRENDS REPORT
If you enjoyed this article, click a 'Share' button
Sign up for our FREE
70+ MITZVAH & PARTY IDEAS LOOKBOOK
** PLUS **
FREE GIFT (eBook)! 50 Ways to WOW Your Guests!