Hiring a videographer is an important task. It is your one chance to capture the fun and emotion of your wedding, bar mitzvah, bat mitzvah, party or event. A good videographer will document the key moments so you can relive them for years to come.
With the advice of Ken Lehman of Ken Lehman Productions LLC, we have organized the questions you should ask to find the perfect videography company.
Questions for the Videographer:
- Who will be filming my event? Be sure this is the person who filmed the samples that you viewed, otherwise be sure to view his or her work.
- What technology are you using? Do you shoot in Standard or High Definition?
- Can you provide a list of referrals I can contact?
- Questions to ask the referrals – Did the videographer capture the defining moments of the event? Did he or she provide a positive experience for your guests? Were they happy with the dvd?
- What is the payment schedule? Most videographers require a deposit to hold the date, and then offer a payment plan with a percentage of the price not due until time of delivery.
- Are you familiar with my ceremony/reception site?
- Exactly what will the final product look like? Will I get the master tape or digital file? How many copies come with the package?
- Do you have back-up equipment?
- Pay attention to your chemistry with the videographer. He or she should make you feel comfortable
- Is the company a member of any professional associations, such as WEVA? Otherwise how do they keep up with the latest industry trends?