Chances are, if you’re reading this post, you (or someone special to you) are about to have a baby or recently had a baby. Mazel Tov!
You’re thinking of a million different things as your life is about to change. One thing that you must think about is who will perform the circumcision if your baby is a boy.
We’ve compiled a list of questions you should ask anyone that you are considering to perform the brit milah ceremony. If there’s any we missed, please feel free to post them in the comments section below.
- How long have you been performing circumcisions? What is your background and training? (You can review this information on the mohel or mohelet’s mazelmoments profile)
- Please describe a ceremony that you have performed. Do you help guests to understand the meaning of the ritual?
- Are you available the week before and after the due date?
- Do you use anesthetic? restraints?
- How can we best prepare for the ceremony? Who will be involved?
- What is your fee?
- Can we call your references, or the people that gave you reviews on mazelmoments?